College readinessCCBC is here to help you prepare for college.
Do you need help applying to your dream school? Do you want to be better prepared for university-level work? CCBC has a variety of programs and courses to help you put your best foot forward. Our college prep opportunities will increase your chance of success in college and going on to earn an advanced degree.
College Prep Courses
- SAT/ACT prep classes are available to help college-bound students prepare for standardized tests.
- CCBC offers instructor-led online math, science, and test prep college readiness classes through Ed2Go.
- TEAs prep is available for non-native English speakers and English for speakers of other languages.
- CCBC offers self-paced, traditional classroom, online and accelerated developmental courses in academic literacy, reading, English and mathematics.
College Prep Programs
- Summer Bridge Program offers a special section of academic development (ACDV 101) and a collection of out-of-classroom experiences.
- Upward Bound is a free college prep program designed for students who will be the first in their family to earn a degree. Upward Bound is a nationally recognized federal grant program.
- LEAP (Learn. Earn. Achieve. Progress.) is a free program designed to offer mentoring from professionals and social experiences to help students acclimate to college. Participants must be 18-24 years of age and reside in Baltimore County.
Application steps and eligibility criteria vary by program. Contact the program for more information.
Other paths for college bound students
- Take Advanced Placement (AP) or Diploma Programme (DP) classes. Administered by the College Board, the AP allows high school students to complete college-level coursework for free while in high school; credits are granted to students who test well on the AP exam. DP credits are granted to students who score well on International Baccalaureate (IB) exams.
- Participate in an Early College Access Program (ECAP). CCBC offers a variety of programs to introduce high school students to academically rigorous and challenging university-level coursework.