Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to use virtual tutoring and academic coaching.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
Do the write thing!Need help with grammar? Citations have you confused? Struggling with writer's block?
CCBC Writing and Literacy Centers and Online Writing Lab are here for you. Both are staffed by English department faculty and provide free writing assistance to students.
Students may schedule one appointment a day and two per week. Hours of operation vary by semester and campus. Be sure to call the Writing and Literacy Center on your campus for more information and to schedule an appointment.
We are here to help with
- Writing for all classes, all disciplines, and all majors
- ESOL and ACLT assignments
- Resumes and cover letters
- Transfer essays
What we doWriting and Literacy Center faculty will help you with any part of the writing process.
- Understanding the assignment.
- Organizing your thoughts.
- Editing your draft.
- Formatting your document.
- Citing sources (using any documentation style).
- Learning how to proofread your own work.
- Understanding your professor's comments and expectations.
What we won't do
- Write any portion of your assignment for you.
- Comment on grades.
What to bring to your appointment
- A copy of your assignment
- Your class textbook (if relevant)
- A draft of the assignment (if you have already started)
- Any handouts from your professor that relate to the assignment or the class.
Make a Smart Move and visit a CCBC Writing and Literacy Center today!