Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to use virtual tutoring and academic coaching.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
Academic CoachingAcademic Coaching is a service provided through the Office of Student Services and Retention Initiatives. Academic coaches are professional staff members who have experience working with students in a college setting. They have backgrounds in academic advising, career counseling, guidance counseling, and/or teaching at the college level.
We assist students with:
- Connecting with resources
- Time management
- Test taking strategies
- Goal settings
- Study skills
Academic Coaching workshopsSchedules are available after the beginning of the semester.
- Notetaking: “Write impactful notes that highlight a clear path for effective study!”
- Test Taking Strategies: “Discover strategies to increase your odds of success on any quiz or test!"
- Test Anxiety: “Defeat test anxiety to focus and excel on any exam!"
- Procrastination: “Use practical skills to stop putting off important responsibilities!”
- Critical Thinking: “Learn how to solve any problem like a pro!"
- Financial Literacy: “Organize your wallet for better living!"
- Time Management: “Build productive schedules to maximize your time!"
If you need to repeat a developmental education course after two unsuccessful attempts, please complete a Permission to Repeat packet. The packet is available November - January for spring enrollment and from April - August for fall enrollment. Packets can be picked up at Academic Advising.