Professional Pilot Flight TrainingCCBC offers flight training for airplane, helicopter and unmanned aircraft systems. Our degree programs train students to be FAA licensed Commercial Pilots, including Flight Instructor certifications in airplanes or helicopters.
Students will train in one of the busiest air traffic corridors in the world and gain the skills, knowledge and experience required to operate in congested airspace. Our challenging training environment makes CCBC graduates particularly attractive to airline and corporate pilot employers. Hiring prospects for pilots in the US has been at an all-time high over the past two years. The long forecast pilot shortage here so if you are interested in flying professionally, this is the time to start your training!
We offer flight training through conveniently located flight training affiliates and has a variety of airplane and helicopter simulators to make the experience more comprehensive and economical. Non-degree seeking flight training students are welcome to join the program at any level of flight training progression or experience.
ProgramsAssociate of Applied Science
- Professional Pilot, Airplane
- Professional Pilot, Helicopter
- Professional Pilot, Unmanned Aircraft Systems
How to apply to the Flight Training program
- Review the Flight Training Guide.
- Submit an application for admission.
- Once accepted, take the placement tests for math, English & reading (students with prior college experience are exempt).
- Meet with an academic advisor to evaluate your transcripts and determine what general education courses will transfer.
- Contact the Financial Aid, Veteran's Affairs (VA), or International Student Services offices if you want to take advantage of these resources.
- Obtain an FAA Second or First Class Medical Certificate from an Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).
- Register for classes. Review the schedule of classes and determine a schedule that works for you. Each semester, all aviation students will need to meet in-person with an aviation faculty member for advising and approval to register.