Graphic Design Certificate, Credit Certificate
The Graphic Design certificate prepares students for positions as graphic designers and electronic publication design specialists in business, government and industry. Focusing primarily on print-based media, students will work on original projects to produce all types of print collateral, from flyers and posters to dimensional packaging and signage.
See the coordinator for advisement and schedule planning.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- create and edit computer-generated images for graphic design applications;
- demonstrate an understanding of type as a design element, including the concepts of form and counterform, color, texture, contrast and movement;
- plan a design cycle from start to finish, incorporating all elements necessary to produce complete communication pieces;
- use industry-standard software programs related to file management, layout and design, and image editing/creation;
- develop solutions to communication problems through concept development and design application; and
- create charts, documents, marketing materials, training guides, catalogs, and instructions for print and screen-based design.