Fitness Trainer: Personal, Continuing Education Workforce Certificate
Personal Fitness Trainers coach or instruct groups or individuals in exercise activities. They demonstrate techniques and form, observe participants, and explain corrective measures necessary to improve participants' skills. Design and execute individual and small group fitness goals in a healthy and safe manner and conduct screenings and assessments to understand the needs of the client.
This program features entry-level skills needed to work in athletic centers, gyms, senior centers, recreation centers, and private clients' homes. Maintain a level of client confidentiality, personal integrity, and professional standards.
Meet the eligibility requirements to be certified as a personal fitness instructor through AAAI/ISMA.
Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a projected growth of 11% or higher. Employment trends represent the estimated change in total employment from 2021-2031.
Upon successful completion of this Continuing Education Workforce Certificate, students will be able to:
- function more effectively as a personal fitness instructor working with individuals or small groups;
- design and execute individual and small group fitness goals in a healthy and safe manner;
- proficient in conducting screenings and assessments to understand the physical needs of the client;
- meet the eligibility requirements to be certified as a personal fitness instructor through AAAI/ISMA;
- maintain a level of client confidentiality, personal integrity, and professional standards;
- continue employment as a personal fitness instructor and pursue options to maintain the American Aerobic Association International/International Sports Medicine Association (AAAI/ISMA); and
- assume responsibility for continued professional and personal development through lifelong learning/continuing education.