Federal Work Study (FWS) ProgramCCBC offers part-time student employment opportunities to students with financial need through the Federal Work Study program.
The Federal Work Study program (FWS) is a federally funded employment program that provides students an opportunity to earn money to assist with educational and living expenses while pursuing their degree. In addition, the program can provide students with marketable job skills and work experience that assist with employment following degree completion.
- FWS award year extends from July 1 through June 30 of the following year.
- Students can apply for FWS in June and begin employment as early as July 1.
- FWS is awarded on a first come, first served basis until all funds are awarded.
- Student employment positions maybe located on or off campus.
- Students are eligible to work up to 15 hours/week.
- Pay rate is $15/hour.
- Students cannot earn more than total FWS awarded.
- Bi-weekly pay.
How to apply
- Complete the FAFSA.
- Complete the 2022-2023 Student Employment Application. Must use your CCBC username and password to access this form.
- Monitor your SIMON account for notification of work study eligibility and award.
- If awarded, visit College Central Network (CCN) to search and apply for work study positions.
What to expect after applying
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the position of interest.
- If selected, you and your supervisor must complete the Student Employment Hiring Authorization Form and return it to the financial aid office. This document is obtained from your supervisor or the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete and submit all federal, state, and college employment forms located on your SIMON account.
- Create a work schedule with your supervisor that does not conflict with your class schedule. Student employees are not permitted to work during scheduled class times. If students are identified as working during their scheduled time to attend class, their employment can be terminated.