Help with college lifeMale Student Success Initiative offers you:
- Help with your studies
- Skills for balancing responsibilities and relating to others
- Connections to other support services and tools for success
- Campus tours and conferences
Success mentors support the “whole student” by providing assistance with study skills, note-taking, test preparation, test anxiety, time management, stress management, organization, and managing other pressures that can get in the way of your academic success.
Ready to start? Contact one of the offices listed to the right.
Men of Color College Achievement (MoCCA)Learn how CCBC's Academic Development (ACDV) 101 for Males of Color and the Male Student Success Initiative (MSSI) helps students achieve academically at CCBC. The goal of ACDV-MSSI is to improve persistence and graduation rates among male students of color and to enhance students' awareness of culture and self-identity.
Who is eligible to participate?
- You are eligible to participate in MoCCA if you self-identify as a male of color and you need to take Academic Development 101 (a required course for first time college students).
- Sign an informed consent form agreeing to participate in the MoCCA study.
What are the benefits?
As a program participant, you are able to:
- Enroll in the Academic Development 101 Male Students of Color classes
- Receive dedicated mentoring
- Receive tutoring and academic support (which may help you stay eligible for financial aid)
- Attend financial aid workshops focusing on scholarships and grants
- Attend career workshops to prepare for employment and internships
- Obtain assistance in transferring to a four-year college
- Receive cultural programming and activities