First-Year Experience at CCBCWe connect first-year students to campus, classmates, faculty, staff, and the community.
FYE at CCBC helps students adjust to college, get involved and meet other students.
Top ten benefits of FYE:
- Improve your transition to college life.
- Feel connected to CCBC.
- Take advantage of free events, speakers, food, and giveaways.
- Understand and use the resources available to you at CCBC.
- Discover more about yourself.
- Get involved outside the classroom.
- Enhance your academic skills and explore your career goals.
- Network with fellow CCBC students.
- Gain leadership experience and add it to your resume.
- Learn ways to stay motivated and finish strong!
FYE Summer Bridge Program
CCBC Student Life’s First-Year Experience (FYE) Summer Bridge Program aims to support first-year students in their quest for college completion.
The program includes two core components:
- A Summer Academic Development 101 Course
- Co-curricular Engagement (Out-of-Classroom Experiences)
Through participation in the Summer Bridge Program, students will be better prepared for their college experience at CCBC. In particular, students can expect the following outcomes from their participation:
- Students will complete their first college course (summer ACDV 101).
- Students will feel more confident in their ability to successfully re-enroll in courses at CCBC.
- Students will be able to identify campus offices and/or representatives who can assist them in their college endeavors.